Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dumbells

I miss actually using these for their intended purpose:


which is to actually tone my muscles instead of physical therapy for an injury.  You see the little 1 lbs pink weight at the top? Ya that is where I am....super frustrating considering I used to be around the 10-12 lbs range. Today at physical therapy I did a lot of stretching, we are trying to gain some range of motion back in my shoulder, Amy said it is going to take a long time to get back to where I was... But it's alright, I am strong, I can do this.  I will go back to the gym and regain my normal routine.  I am such a creature of habit, that I haven't been 100% myself because my routine is all wacky.

I joined Daily Mile so that I can keep track of my running/elliptical miles.  I haven't recorded any workouts yet (because I haven't gone to the gym in over 2 weeks), but I will go... soon....But for now I am having loads of fun with my family :).

We went to Costal Flatts for dinner tonight, sorry no pictures, I was so hungry I couldn't even think straight.  I had the Filet Mignon, it.was.amazing!  Also the house chop salad that they have is really out of this world.  I don't know why but I LOVE grilled corn on my salads, it gives the salad a bit of grilled sweetness that makes it a perfect summer salad. I cannot wait until tomorrow night, or really the entire weekend, we have a lot of fun stuff planned, buuutt you will have to wait to hear about them :)

Have a great night!

Do you like grilled corn on your salads?

2 comments:

Erin said...

i just joined daily mile! can we be buddies?

Tara said...

Yaaay daily mile amigas!! It's been awesome to track my workouts out there, and so motivating to see everyone elses!

I know how it feels to go backwards with weights -- gosh it's awful. But slow and steady wins the race. You'll be back to where you were eventually, and you'll feel great too. Just stay positive, as hard as that sounds sometimes!!